Key Account Manager - Food & Drink
- Job Reference: Test Food & Drink
- Date Posted: 8 January 2018
- Recruiter: Hotlizard
- Location: Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction, Consulting & Corporate Strategy, Hospitality & Tourism, Manufacturing Operations, Trades & Services, FMCG
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Customer Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)1635 527900
Are you an experienced Key Account Manager?
Do you have excellent communication skills and knowledge of the flooring or construction industry?
If your answer is yes, then We may have the opportunity you have been waiting for…
We are a leading British Manufacturer and supplier. We have been going strong since 1919 and know that we can only grow further with great people on board, helping us shape our future. We think big - and we’re globally big in premium integrated flooring and wall cladding systems for construction and transport. Family owned and run, we share family values; we care about you, each other and what we do. Voted one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for 9 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager to join our friendly UK Sales team. The successful candidate will ideally be located in or around the North East of England and will manage a territory from Birmingham to Scotland
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for developing effective partnership with designated accounts and customers within the Food and Drink Industry. These will typically include: end users, architects, food industry construction specialists and consultants, facilities management companies and sub-contractors
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Construct annually, and agree an individual business plan.
* Plan for effective coverage of customer base in relation to existing and potential clients.
* To maintain and grow an effective customer / client database.
* To pro-actively communicate with colleagues and with the Customer Care Centre to clearly demonstrate effective teamwork.
* To attend and take an active part in meetings, training days, seminars, exhibitions etc.
* To identify potential new products within the segment and pro-actively communicate it to your manager.
* To effectively communicate; customer and/or product complaints; competitor activity and local field intelligence using the appropriate medium.
* To carry out and submit 6 Voice of the Customer interview feedback forms each year.
To be successful you will need to have the following experience and personal characteristics:
* Previous field sales and strong account management experience
* Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships
* Must be self-motivated and customer focused
* Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
* Previous experience of the food and drink industry is not essential although highly beneficial
If you have the relevant experience and you would describe yourself as a team player, who is enthusiastic with a full UK driving license then we would love to hear from you!